Donor Family Resources
Donor Family Services is committed to providing continued support and services to donor families after donation. Each year, thousands of individuals are saved or their quality of life is greatly improved through transplantation. Donors and their donor families are the true heroes. Donor Family Services provides opportunities for donor families to stay involved by raising awareness about donation while continuing to honor their loved ones.
Participation in ARORA’s Donor Family Services is an individual choice. Families may choose what level of support will best meet their needs.
Donor Family Services:
1) Memorial events honoring your loved one.
2) Join the Arkansas Donor Family Council, www.arkdfc.org
3) Access to bereavement material, and Bereavement and Donation Educational Workshops throughout the state.
4) Connection with a Donor Family Volunteer, who is someone you can express your feelings who knows what you have experienced.
5) Volunteering and speaking on behalf of donation and your personal experience.
6) Communication with your loved one’s recipient(s).
Guidelines for writing to transplant recipients, and information on ARORA’s Donor Family Quilts are on ARORA’s website at www.arora.org. For any additional information, contact ARORA’s Donor Family Services Department at 501-907-9150 or toll free 866-660-5433.